FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Wednesday, December 09, 2009

My Kindle Confront[s] Kent Hovind's Dissertation

UPDATED: Note the post name correction. *Uggghhh* Excuse me, I marvelously cannot type lately. (How I aced a recent typing test with 98 percent accuracy is beyond me.)
---
Kent Hovind's diss--um, er, ertation, if you want to call it that, is now online. I loaded it onto my Kindle, which has new PDF-reading ability, and began the Text-to-Speech function.

When I read, "As an evangelist, God has given me..." (was God the evangelist?) I knew I was in for the long haul. My Kindle, in fact, started reading aloud in two ways: first in its normal voice, and then, in a silly high pitched whine.



Rather like that. Then, it let out a gasp and refused to read further unless I gave it some chocolate. Nobody else touches my chocolate!

I looked at the page (74) and read for myself (otherwise, I would never have believed it):

Bring back a Mars rock or a Jupiter rock, I'll eat it or lick it.

The best. Line. In a "dissertation." Ever! Bwahaha! My Kindle now demands pop-rocks.

Where can I find pop-rocks? I haven't seen those things in years. I offered to go to the Science Museum and pick up some freeze-dried ice cream, but Kindle won't hear of it.

Shimmies to Pharyngula

LATER: It just gets better and better:

page 87: "God created the plants on day three before he created the sun on day four. If you think plants are going to survive billions of years without the sun, you need to study more biology." Now, how can you argue with that? Bwahaha!

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Janine said...

So he will eat or lick it. Methinks that someone never got over his infantile oral fixation stage.

December 09, 2009 1:33 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I hate to think of [you knew this was coming, didn't you] what he would do to [I mean, this isn't very original] rocks from Uranus!

December 09, 2009 5:43 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

P.S. I've been loading my research papers to my Kindle and checking them for errors on the bus. Maybe I should load my own posts and do the same! Gah.

December 09, 2009 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Kindle said...

Typos, schmypos. Just don't ever load absymal creationist garbage like that into my memory again! Or I shall demand late-night nachos. Do you hear me? Late-night nachos, with buttered popcorn on the side!

December 09, 2009 7:18 PM  
Blogger Rev Barky said...

I like turtles!

December 17, 2009 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why it takes so many eons for your site to come up on my computer. Do other Gentle Readers have this problem?
Scotius

December 18, 2009 10:42 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I'm blogging from Mars. Maybe that's why.

December 21, 2009 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home