FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Monday, February 12, 2007

Five Blogs That Make Me Think

(Think about what? Heh, heh, heh.)

It is my pleasure to make people think. I am honored to be among such much more accomplished and distinguished blogs.

(And I do believe that I added the word "shimmy" to everyone's vocabulary.)

Oh geez, now I have to pick some...out of so many...well, here goes:

RedStateRabble
Good Math, Bad Math
Respectful Insolence
The Panda's Thumb
The Austringer and Wes's slate of discussion boards, particularly AtBC
and of course, Pharyngula, the site that opened up this whole world of bloggy creatures to me!

But you all make me think, people.

Thanks, Greg!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Try mine. I try to provoke thought on all sorts of things - like, do we really make any real choices?

February 12, 2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Hey, I remember you, Simon! Greetings. I'll visit.

February 12, 2007 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeehaw!!! According to RedStateRabble, the moderates prevailed in Kansas. Maybe it's safe for me to click my silver slippers. But I like it here in Missouri. 'Tain't much difference.

One point the ID folks miss. Hoodahell created the intelligent designer? Certainly a being of such complexity would require an intelligent designer. Then who created that id.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

The creationists squawk, "Where are the missing links?" My response, "Look in the mirror, dipsticks."

February 13, 2007 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hide's been blasted well enough by the North Wind here in Icebox, MO, but I forgot to sign my comment.
Scotius
PS: Yep, I'm from Missouri now. Ya want me to believe something???
You'll have to show me.

February 13, 2007 9:02 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Hoodahell created the intelligent designer?

One thing about an appeal to authority is, where did the authority get its authority? But believers don't care to ask this question. God could really be the devil (speaking hypothetically) and they wouldn't care.

Whenever I go down south, people think I’m from Missouri. I think we have similar twangs in our speech. :)

February 14, 2007 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange and curious- tho' I was born in Anoka, MN, and reared in southern Iowa and northeast Kansas, when I ventured forth to attend graduate school in Ames, IA, some poor benighted folks there thought I was from Takes-us, y'all.
Scotius

February 14, 2007 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home