FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Friday, October 20, 2006

Charles Darwin's Works Online

The complete works of Charles Darwin have been digitized. Check it out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ick. I can't read stuff online. Too much staring at a CRT passively gives me a splitting headache. And printing it out is just a pain.

But I picked up that big collected works edition when I was at the Chicago Field this summer (and a follow-up post), so I'm good. I want to get through The Ancestor's Tale first, though (just started it the other day, only about 30 pages in).

October 20, 2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

BTW, you know you can trash individual comments, right? You don't actually have to go into moderation to get rid of the troglodytes.

October 20, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh yes, I know that I can trash our occasional blathering Banned. I thought about it. But I'll leave him up for now--I believe in freedom of speech, and he obviously wants a feather in his cap that I'm not willing to give him, but picking on Lalla was pushing it. Disgusting.

Wasn't the Darwin exhibition supposed to be at the Field Museum? Was it there when you were there?

October 20, 2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There was a very good exhibit about evolution there called Evolving Planet. Is that the one you mean?

October 20, 2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

There was actually an exhibition of Darwin's manuscripts and specimens in NYC, and it was supposed to go to Chicago sometime this year, then to London next year. It was an exhibition devoted to him.

October 20, 2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, that one wasn't there. Just the evolution exhibit.

October 22, 2006 2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home