FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Saturday, October 14, 2006

Friday the 13th is Over, Whew!

Yeah, that empirically demonstrated unlucky day is over. Everyone breathe a sigh of relief--except me! It's mid-term day for me! Whoo-hoo!

Yeah, good thing it's not Friday the 13th, when I was eating free sandwiches (left over from a stomach-churningly stressful reception that I had to set up on the 12th) and joking with my co-workers. Yeah, go Saturday the 14th! I love exams. ;-)

Don't feel sorry for me, I'm going to ace this thing.

Did anyone come up with an answer to the Princess Di question?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The princess Diana question? I'm guessing Diana.
guthrie

October 15, 2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Close! The answer is, both.

The so-called medium is listed in the statement of responsibility:

Channeled letters from Princess Diana : the Queen of Hearts / by Velera Kurleto

however, the main entry would show:

Diana, Princess of Wales, 1961-1997 (Spirit).

In other words, Diana's "ghost" is considered chiefly responsible for the intellectual contents of this crap book.

Isn't that absurd? My instructor tells me that catalogers were incensed when this rule was adopted. It is, however, internally consistent with the rest of the AACR2.

October 15, 2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

"Absurd" doesn't even begin to cover that.

There should be a special library section, not even in the non-fiction section, for con-artists. That way the rest of us don't have to wade through all that crap.

Of course, then we have to decide who gets to decide which books belong there.

I think it should be me. After all, I sort of have a very unique perspective on that whole reality v. fiction thing.

October 16, 2006 7:18 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

After all, I sort of have a very unique perspective on that whole reality v. fiction thing.

That's true!

We'll name the special wing of the library after DaveScot, how's that?

October 16, 2006 10:51 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

So there'd be fiction, non-fiction, reference and Dave-Scott-Springer-Spaniel-Doo-Doo sections.

OOOO. and the catalog numbers would be 000.00, because that's how much worthwhile content there'd be.

October 16, 2006 7:05 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Would it be outside?

In the rain?

October 17, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

In a Mudhole!

October 18, 2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home