FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Saturday, March 31, 2007

Homework Hoo-Hah

Here I sit,
broken-hearted,
got homework? S&#@!
I've barely started...

If only there was a way that I could read all this evolution/intelligent design/politics/creationism stuff and do my homework at the same time. But I really must get going on my final project, which is to write and present ten abstracts of articles for my Indexing and Abstracting class... !!!

Begosh n' begorrah! That's the answer! I'll abstract the articles that I'm already reading!* What's the matter with me?

* Gould, S.J. (1994). The evolution of life of earth. Scientific American, Oct. 1994.
Dembski, W.A. (2006). Christian theodity in the light of Genesis and modern science. Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Dembski, W.A. (1991). Randomness by design. Nous.
Niebauer, C.L., Reid, S.A., Garvey, K. J., & Christman, S.D. (2004). Interhemispheric interaction and beliefs in our origin: degree of handedness predicts beliefs in creationism versus evolution. Laterality, 9(4). Yeah, I'm looking foward to this one! Feel free to suggest others.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cat's Staff said...

So it's Dembski's fault your not concentrating on your homework... Remember...get your homework done before thumping creationists... Your paying good money to get to do that homework...

April 01, 2007 12:10 AM  
Blogger Cat's Staff said...

Then again...Cat says "forget the homework...grades aren't everything..."

April 01, 2007 12:12 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Grades are everything! ;-) And it's Dembski's fault that I'm craving chocolate! (Scroll down to read my comments so far.)

I'm reading Gould too, though. And there are a couple of articles from the Journal of Psychology regarding the relationship of religion to coping mechanisms that I may include.

April 01, 2007 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the homework.

Writing ten abstracts sounds as though it might be a perfect opportunity to combine interest with obligation.

If it were my project, depending on the stated requirements, of course, I'd try to work in the Benson prayer study, the article - in Nature, I think - showing the relationship between human chromosomes and chipanzee chromosomes.

I'd fun it up while trying to educate my professor at the same time.

Best of luck with it.

April 01, 2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Thanks. I don't fear creationism among my professors, though. Actually, what I see is that people are unaware of the kookiness out there...you should have seen the jaws drop when I mentioned Christian Maggiore's case during my final presentation for cataloging class.

April 01, 2007 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home