FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Monday, April 02, 2007

Evolution Dead in Nine Years

It's a date.

This is going to be the longest boxing match in history!

Good thing I have a long memory, growing up during the Little Rock trial and all. (Yes, I know it's un-American to remember things and to place them in an intellectual context, but you're looking at someone who opposed funding Saddam Hussein back in 1982, a few years before her hard-drinking, class-disrupting, we-don't-like-no-nerds classmates joined the military "for the discipline" and just barely managed to avoid getting their asses shipped to Iraq for the first war.)


Who knew that lifting all those books is just like doing push-ups! Drop and give me Welty, soldier! ;-)

Oh, did I mention that "evolution is dead"?


"Dying" and "dead." Evolution sho' is confusin'! These guys should get their stories straight. Then maybe they can show us all their medical cures and neato gizmos that intelligent design promises us. ID is science, remember - and they've only been at it since 1991! "By their fruits shall ye know them."

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Is that when the rapture is suppose to happen too - oh, I forgot, it already happened and Jezus returned to earth this weekend.

April 02, 2007 3:45 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

April Fool's Day was yesterday, you witty man.

I went to my twenty year (groan!) high school reunion, BTW. Did anybody remember that I spoke up in class about Saddam Hussein? No. A friend of mine afterward asked, "Did people tell you you were right all along?" No. They didn't. Americans don't remember anything (although they remembered what a friggin' nerd I was, which made it so sweet, the belly dancer!). But the people who joined the military were not friends, anyway, just tormenters. At least they're not in Iraq now - I don't think anyone is, anyway.

I have a friend who just signed up to be a translator over there. I think he's out of his mind. But, you gotta love him, he's doing it out of patriotism (and "adventure" he says).

April 02, 2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

I somehow never hear about my reunions although I've lived in the same city for over 30 years.

High school was a very unhappy time of my life. There are a few people I wouldn't mind seeing again - but they probably wouldn't show up anyway.

Joining the military today means becoming a tool for the military industrial complex - it has absolutely nothing to do with patriotism. Our military is being misused in the worst way and the neocons are trying to instead create a private military like blackwater that is owned by a fundi. War will become a total profit center to feed corporations as people die and suffer in order to line the pockets of the elite.

If you had more faith, you would know that fools day is May 3rd.

April 03, 2007 4:41 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 03, 2007 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home