FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Monday, June 16, 2008

Penny Lane

Guess what film is opening in Canada.

Guess who's flipping out about the possibility of "picketers" (because there were so many of them here, right?). Can anyone name one flipping "protest" against any showing of Expelled? Neither can I.

I wonder who will picket or try to crash? (There was a big hoo-haw over the screening at the Mall of the Americas when "raving atheist" biologist PZ Myers got ejected by line producer Mark Mathis.) Perhaps I will recognize some prominent local figures strutting importantly on the sidewalk.

Picketers please note, there is a wide sidewalk, and plenty of coffee shops nearby. The restrooms in the Cumberland Terrace are usually pretty clean too.

Be reassured, picketers! The government-funded Nanny Monster is always right, and she says that neither the universe nor life forms show evidence of design, despite the evidence. And in our random universe, the biggest Monster should rule, and that is She.

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

First of all, this breathless tactic ("Please picket! Please picket our film! We won the lawsuit and lost the war! We need more publicity now that we've run out of new angles!") gave me a flashback. (Yes, this is the same nutball group that also culminated in my contacting the FBI. Sheesh.)

Second of all, it reminded me of the other times that Denyse O'Leary poisoned her own well by opening her mouth.

Thirdly, it makes me think that "Nanny Monster" is a good nick-name for Denyse. (Do we need reminding as to why?)

Fourth, it makes me think that, as with the neighborhood nutballs who comprised the former neighborhood group, something very, very unexpected and existentially just is about to happen.

In anticipation, shimmies to Pharyngula and U Dream of Janie.

Oh! And don't forget - "How Life Began" is on the History Channel tonight (please let it not be inaccurate and suck), and Ken Miller will be on The Colbert Report.

(P.S. There was "a big hoo-haw" at the screening of Expelled that Rev. Barky and I attended? Well, I guess there were as many "hoo-haws" as there were women attending, no?) :-D

Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That woman is completely off her nut(s).

Denyse O'Leary, queen of TARD.

(Thank you for your link love, Kristine. Kisses and Shimmies to you!)

(P.S. I'm gettin' pretty good, cuz Kate and I have been watching Shimmy quite a bit.)

June 16, 2008 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'know, sometimes there's just nothing as fun as a stroll down memory lane...

*giggle*

Thanks for that too, Kristine.

Xtra kisses for you.

June 16, 2008 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picket!?! Protest!?!

Only for events that actually matter.

As for the "Nanny Monster", only if the monster's name was Morbo.

"Toddlers give Morbo gas."

“All children are vermin in the eyes of Morbo!”

"I WILL DESTROY YOU!"

June 16, 2008 8:58 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Yes, fond memories, JanieBelle. Kisses right back atcha!

Janine: "WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOOD NIGHT!" *Snigger*
Kisses to you, too.

Oh hell, kisses all around. That'll gag Denyse for sure.

June 17, 2008 12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of tongue, too. That would just make her (more) insane.

...and groping. There should be groping.

uh.. y'know,.. to piss off Denyse. Yeah. That's the reason. To piss off Denyse.

*innocent whistle*

(what?)

June 17, 2008 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should, of course, be "rode".

I may have been a bit upset in my previous comment, and that may have affected my ability to spell.

I can still spell "MorphoDyke", though.

Apologies, and kisses

June 17, 2008 7:14 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

No worries - that made me laugh ("and the horse that rode in on her")!

Really, did these homophobes hit every branch on the way down from falling out of the ugly tree? What losers.

But never fear, Sulu has phasers locked. Shields up, and prepared to fire birdseed on September 14! (Cute pics, I must say.)

I think we should have a blog-day on that day - "blogger birdseed" or something.

Oh - and congratulations on the shimmying. Fun, isn't it?

June 17, 2008 8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bunch of lunatic protestors have crashed the gay marriages going on in California instead.

Speaking as a veteran of many GLBT events, I would be disappointed if all of these loving christians did not show up. Please do not let me be misunderstood, I would love it if they just stayed home. But it would not feel right if there were not right thinking people did not inform us that we were going to hell and were destroying civilization.

I have to admit, it gives me a sense of power that I am not entitled to.

June 17, 2008 10:56 PM  
Blogger jeffox said...

(Looks at O'Leering's picture at the UD website.) Isn't her name actually spelled "Dennis"? :) Oh, wait, you mean it's (shudders) female????!!!!??!! Why, that would make her just like Edith Prickly. . . . no wonder they call her Granny Porcupine, eh?

:)

Eight words that are not allowed to be published at Granny's blog: "If you don't like abortions, don't get one. . . ." Don't ask me how I know that. :)

June 17, 2008 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do not let me be misunderstood, I would love it if they just stayed home. But it would not feel right if there were not right thinking people did not inform us that we were going to hell and were destroying civilization.

I have to admit, it gives me a sense of power that I am not entitled to.


'Two Jewish guys are sitting on a bench in a park, one is reading Haaretz, the other one is reading Der Stuermer...'

Erm... Sorry. Jes' call me the Godwinbot. But it sorta wrote itself...

T-shirt idea: 'I am a threat to your way of life. Really. Honest. I am. Fear me! (And fear my rice!)'

June 18, 2008 2:24 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Well, "Patrick" over at Uncommon Descent has just drawn a parallel between Dr. Ken Miller talking about evolution on The Colbert Report, and streaking! "Interesting parallels," says Patrick. Parallels?

Are we going to be throwing birdseed for someone else, Patrick? When somebody comes out of the closet?

Honestly, these repressed Baptists - it's like squeezing a toothpaste tube with the cap still on. The stuff just comes out another way.

June 18, 2008 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The stuff just comes out another way."

I could go there, but I won't.

Kristine,

It's a lot of fun, and teaching my hips to do new things has had ...other... lovely ramifications.

;)

Janine,

I'm thinking now that the shoe is being put on the other foot, entitlement may be in the eye of the beholder. I say wallow in it.

A.J., Someone recently addressed me/us (humorously) as "The Collective", so I'm thinking of having a T-shirt made that says:

"Resistance is futile,
Show us your thong, puny human.
(We have beads.)
"

Kisses,
The Sexy Borg Collective

June 19, 2008 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Looks confused...)

But... my thong already has beads.

June 19, 2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

You guys. Ow!

Thongs. Last night I made Rev. Barky stand behind me on the escalator in Ikea so that I could prevent that thing from sawing me in half!

TMI? :-D

June 19, 2008 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TMI? :-D

Well, it probably goes without saying--but it seems to me after havin' copped to the beads, I'd really have no place complaining. ;)

June 19, 2008 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You both gave me a good chuckle, one right after the other!

I guess I'm giggly today. Kristine, could you fix AJ's name for him? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to put his Email address in the name field there.

(And I'm pretty sure I'm the queen of TMI, so no worries.)

:)

Kisses

June 19, 2008 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thongs in general, or just ones with beads?

And what does the one have to do with the other?

Kisses Janine

June 20, 2008 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re the address: that's a pretty public one anyway (public on the first page of my blog and other places) and already armed to da teeth with antispam mojo. So it's really no worry, tho' thanks, Janiebelle. Artifact of certain other blogs where the sequence is address/name/url and not paying much attention, I guess.

June 21, 2008 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home