FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Thursday, May 18, 2006

Chimps and Me, Sittin’ in a Tree…

UPDATED: Well, if you must know, Pharyngula makes me laugh. (Warning: This is pee-in-your-pants funny.)

Human evolution: Call this a “Just-So Story,” I challenge you.

My blog is in danger of becoming The Daily Dawkins (how’s that for a tear-off calendar idea?), but here’s an intriguing article.

Okay, here's Gould. Still my hero, too.

Here I am, working in the arts, and thinking about science all the time. My colleagues have started to look at me weird, because they don’t know much about that part of me. I really hated biology in high school, but now I’m compulsively reading up on it on the way to work or home on the bus, and at lunch. I was always interested in biological evolution, however, and I loved chemistry and physics. Sometimes I sincerely regret not chugging through with a science degree, despite all my problems with math (I love math, too, but it doesn’t love me), but it seems I’m earning almost the same income as the scientists that I’ve met! And what the hell does that say about our society?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home