FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Saturday, March 03, 2007

YouBoob.Com

UPDATED: Javier again gives me a great link. And click here and then click on "Michele Bachmann on Homosexuality Movie" to see a video of Michele Bachmann, #1 Ann Coulter Fan, hyperventilating about same sex marriage leading to "group marriage." I guess she oughtta know.
---
Lilly-livered atheists attack Dawkins' book, The God Delusion, for having the gall to be the on the best-seller list for 22 weeks.

“We have more than one form of understanding,” [Thomas Nagel] continued. “The great achievements of physical science do not make it capable of encompassing everything, from mathematics to ethics to the experiences of a living animal. We have no reason to dismiss moral reasoning, introspection or conceptual analysis as ways of discovering the truth just because they are not physics.”

Well, that's brilliant, Mr. Nagel. The problem is, Dawkins is not a physicist.

Do I sense some jealousy here? Maybe because these people sat comfortably in their ivory closets, let other, less rich atheists get thrown to the wolves, and let America go off the deep end about Jesus, only to see Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, and Sam Harris garner success by having the balls that these mincing faint hearts like Nagel don't have? (Ironically, James Cameron's so-called documentary would be the first independent evidence that Jesus existed, but it's all a rehash of crap from the 1980s.)

But what the nay-sayers really want to point out is, Dawkins "caricatures" religion. The American people are not bigoted, superstitious, homophobic fundamentalists. Oh my, no. Ann Coulter is not a household world in this country, whereas Dawkins is. Right.

Nice going, Ann, you cunt. ("Did I say cunt? Oh, can't she take a joke? After all, I wouldn't insult cunts by identifying them with Ann. That would be mean.")

Shimmies to Ken Avidor (Dump Michele Bachmann), Rude Pundit and Rev. BigDumbChimp.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger The Science Pundit said...

Whenever I hear an atheist or freethinker argue against the tactics of Dawkins (or PZ Myers or The Blasphemy Challenge, etc.), I respond with "The Overton Window" argument. Ever since I read Sean Carrol's post, I have become a Overtine Apostle and I judiciously spread the Gospel according to Sean Carrol wherever I go. ;-)

March 03, 2007 7:44 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Thanks for the link, Javier.

March 03, 2007 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The joke about the cancellation of Easter because the body was discovered is at least fifty years old. I heard it as a teenager.

March 03, 2007 10:50 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I haven't heard it. :D

No one would have dared say something like that when I was growing up. Funny, because I saw my peers doing a lot of other stuff (smoking, drugs, sex).

March 04, 2007 12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her psycho stare reminds me a lot of Haggard's, interestingly enough.

March 04, 2007 7:45 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh, yeah! Good point--and of the thousand light-year drool of this homegrown whack job, too.

Ann and Shelly, sitting in a tree,
F-U-C-K-I-N-G... ;-)

March 04, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Ah, from Whistleblower to whistler, eh?

Well, don't buy a ring yet, because it's the first (and maybe last) time I'll say it. (Hopefully because it's the last stand for little orphan Annie.)

Oh. And my boyfriend says hi.

March 05, 2007 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...see a video of Michele Bachmann, #1 Ann Coulter Fan, hyperventilating about same sex marriage leading to "group marriage."

OH NO! GAY MARRIAGE! THEN GROUP MARRIAGE! THE WORLD WILL END!

Ok, so let's just say that gay marriage laws really do lead to group marriage...

um... so what? If six consenting adults want to get married, why not?

What exactly is the problem? Oh wait, let me guess.

Monogamous heterosexual couples will suddenly have no choice but to get divorced and marriage will cease to exist...

And let's just say that that asinine argument holds water...

Again, so what? People will be out having sex all over the place instead of running off and invading other countries?

I'm thinking I wish they were right!

March 12, 2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh no, JanieBelle, we mustn't have too much love in the world. That would be a pagan abyss!

/snark off

Did you check out the "Michelle Bachman Fun Page"? :-)

March 13, 2007 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home