FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Woman Seeking Song for Meaningful Relationship

I'm trying to find out who in heck performs this Arabic pop song: Bayeeni, the number 13 (natch) track on D.J. Jim #6 promo CD.

As soon as I can figure out how to upload a clip, I will.

I just edited my dance music for the very first time on the computer - not by pressing "pause" on a cassette player. *beams with pride*


Silly video but great song ("Fire of Jealousy") by Warda.

UPDATED: I found the singer of "Bayeeni" - Katia Harb! Stupid video, though (and audio is bad).




Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Cat's Staff said...

You're going to put us computer geeks out of work!

Let me know if you need space to host the clip.

August 01, 2007 12:38 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Thanks.

First I need to figure out how to upload the clip!

August 01, 2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh, and I can’t wait for Legion to post something here about the movie Playing for Time.

August 01, 2007 9:09 AM  
Blogger PiGuy said...

Hi!

I saw the news about the 35W Bridge collapse and thought of you. While it's unlikely that you were on the bridge - especially since you don't drive - I realize that something like that can shake the whole community. I hope that you and yours are all safe and that the impact on life is as minimal as possible.

Sorry that it takes something like this to remind me to check in. Hope to be back soon.

Pi

August 02, 2007 8:40 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Dear PiGuy! Thank you. Yes, I am fine. I don't take that bridge, although I do occassionally ride my bike on the path under it.

It looks like family, friends, and everyone in my department at work is fine, too.

I saw the fire from the 3rd Avenue Bridge, then went home and found out the damage. I was in tears when I saw that schoolbus but all of the kids got out okay.

Thank you everyone for your concern and best wishes.

August 02, 2007 9:23 AM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Hey, I like this song - it's pretty upbeat (not that Arabic music is exactly uplifting for a western ear - all their music sounds dark and foreboding even though it may be happy sounding to them).

I have a small collection of Arabic music I made off of Napster years ago.

I grew to like the style after seeing the movie "The Hairdresser's Husband" which was Armenian music. I had a hard time researching the credits for the saoundtrack.

August 05, 2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

not that Arabic music is exactly uplifting for a western ear - all their music sounds dark and foreboding even though it may be happy sounding to them

Aw, Rev. Barky, you need to be properly introduced to Arabic music! A lot of it is very uplifting, joyful, beautiful, dreamy - it makes me feel good when I'm down. Westerners by and large don't know about the romantic tradition in Arabic culture - the poetry, the music full of longing, the dance (the dance!), which is mostly about female power and innocent enchantment, rather than a come-on. I'll put together some music for you to listen to. (Is that okay?) ;-)

August 06, 2007 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home