FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Drinks All Around

Oh dear, oh dear, I think I bent the protractor of my good friend the very geometric/algebraic Rev. Barking Nonsequitor by blatting senselessly (but I hope not too stupidly) at his blog about the battle of the sexes, PLO versus Al Qaeda espionage, and being a spy in the house of love, and stuff – and then, at Breakerslion’s place, I bitched about married women bitching about their husbands, and complained that nobody does it the way Mary Shelley did it on the PBS Channel anymore, then stated that marriage was slavery and yet I’d throw my rose petals to the wind if someone played Chopin to my George Sand – and to top it off, Michael Korn, who is a creationist and a doorbell ring just short of a pizza delivery, is hurling invective at PZ Myers from an IP just a state away from Rev. Chimpy, and JanieBelle has a headache!

This crazy-ass world needs an infusion of my irreverent wit, to counteract the, er, recent infusion of my irrelevant wit.

To whit, here is a particle of my first novel, which deals with sexual espionage long before there ever was a PLO or an Al Qaeda, but happening quite after the colorful break-up of Franz Chopin and George Sand. Enjoy, you guys, and sorry.

(But it's really not my fault. I share the body with Richard Hughes at AtBC.)

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Louise, Kristine, that's quite an excerpt!

I'll be a while reading it, so I wanted to thank you for remembering my cranial distress first.

Kisses to you

July 25, 2007 5:35 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Richard writes my comments, but I write my fiction. ;-)

(That dual-personality with Richard Hughes joke really hasn't caught on. But did people really think I was really k.e. at AtBC? That is hilarious.)

July 25, 2007 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dual Personality.... That makes me a ...HOMO?........ARGGHHHHH!

Must ....watch ....Bill O Reilly .....to purge self.....

Rich

July 25, 2007 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich,

In my case, Billo is enough to turn me from men.

Janine

July 26, 2007 12:50 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

There's a quiz later, Richard, so you better read my story instead of watching Bill O'Liarly.

Don't make me come down there!
;-)

(Too late; I booked my flight.)

July 26, 2007 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my case, Billo is enough to turn me from men.

Speaking as a man, I would like formally to distance myself from any and all statements made by one Bill O'Reilly of the so-called 'Fox News Network', and hereby state: the views of Mr. O'Reilly do not necessarily represent those of myself or of my sex in general.

We had been going to have Mr. O'Reilly formally kicked out of the sex, but unfortunately, the women didn't want him either. I'm quite sympathetic to them on this... so could we mebbe just all get together, kick him outta the species entirely, have done with it? With any luck, there's another primate species might have him. Maybe one of those that flings shit about on a regular basis... Seems to me he might fit passably well in such company anyway.

July 26, 2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

No, no – only cool primates fling shit. (Note that this does not logicaly follow: Only primates that fling shit are cool. I am not saying that at all.) But Bill O’Wiley is a man? Really? And a product of our Big Bang? I thought that the residents of his dimension had just, you know, ditched him. (“Gawd, I’m so like sick of this queave. Let’s send him to earth for pizza and then, everyone run for the nearest wormhole! Dude, it worked! Hahahaha!” Yeah, lucky us.)

July 26, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But Bill O’Wiley is a man? Really? And a product of our Big Bang? I thought that the residents of his dimension had just, you know, ditched him.

Bill O'Reilly == Kleeborp?

July 26, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Naw, Bill O’Liarly can’t be Kleeborp.

Kleeborp is too intelligent.

July 27, 2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger breakerslion said...

I knew I liked you for a reason :-)

I promise to read the exerpt, but will have to be tomorrow.

For a good time, Google "Bill O'Reilly and Loofah" if you have not already done so.

July 29, 2007 9:46 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

No, man. No, no, no. I'm not googling that, thank you very much.

Now "Tim Curry" and "Loofah"...that, I would Google (and goggle). Or my current crush. Oh, to be a loofah in that hand!

Now, quit goofing around, you guys, and read my story! I expect comments on that! ;-)

July 29, 2007 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home