FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Friday, August 24, 2007

The Real Stuff, Part 2

My teacher, the incomparable Cassandra Shore.



Cassandra's choreography for Jawaahir Dance Company: Ghawazee.



Tunisian Women’s dance (with vases on the heads).



I'm breaking you in so that you can finally see me dance - plus I have to figure a lot of things out. Thank you for your (im)patience, dance fans. ;-)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Barky said...

OK, I think Sadie was more fun to watch than Cassandra.

August 27, 2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

To each his own. ;-) There’s nothing like seeing Cassandra in person, though. This clip doesn’t bring out everything that she does with her face, her humor and sense of fun, and I admit it’s hard to see what she’s doing (I know what to look for). You’ll get to see what I mean soon.

You're just thinking "Sexy Sadie"!
:-D

August 27, 2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Yes she was pretty sexy, but more than that the her precision was pretty incredible and it was very entertaining - I mean ultimately, and I am speaking form alaymans point of view, it's what you enjoy that relly matters.

You are correct - being there is quite different than seeing it on Youtube.

August 27, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Well, I always say, you know what you like, so go with that!

There isn't more of Cassandra, which is too bad. One thing about those tapes of the festivals, the camera is above, so it tends to diminish the impact that one has at eye level... well, anyway, Sadie definitely utilizes "bigger" movements - I do, too. There are many styles.

Okay, as soon as I transfer my old tape onto DVD I can upload it to YouTube tomorrow or the next day. I was a relatively new student at the time...everyone BE KIND! ;-)

August 27, 2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Anxiously awaiting promised performance! With such a great teacher...

September 13, 2007 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home