FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Husband Gets Wife Fired Over Threat to PZ Myers

Well, I must say that this is a sad story.

I feel sorry for her, but in retrospect, her husband obviously was not to be trusted with her personal laptop and/or work e-mail address. You don't let anyone have access to a work account, ever.

What a coward.

UPDATED: Well, wife Melanie has shown up, and made a whole bunch of rationalizations for her husband's actions, and...well, I feel less sorry for her now. Unbelievable.

Via Pharyngula and Greg Laden

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger JanieBelle said...

Unsurprisingly, there's been some (sometimes heated) discussion on several CrackerGate threads at Greg Laden's blog.

My take on it, at Greg's. (I tend to comment more at Greg's as the lower traffic level seems to mean that each comment actually gets read more. YMMV)

July 16, 2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

Here's an interesting twist.

It seems Mr. Kroll is not a first time offender with the interweb death threat.

July 16, 2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger breakerslion said...

I'm of two minds about this one. She showed poor judgment by marrying the cretin in the first place. You don't have to believe in karma to know that bad decisions usually end badly.

On the other hand, he's the cretin.

July 16, 2008 2:32 PM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

Well, I was feeling bad for her...

Until she (might have) showed up at Greg's blog. (There is some doubt as to whether the comment signed by her was written by her or by her husband.)

Assuming it was her, I have much less sympathy. At this precise moment however, I'm leaning towards that comment having been written by Chuck.

...in which case I actually now have more sympathy for her.

For whatever that's worth.

Either way, he's psychotic. I'm becoming concerned for Melanie's safety.

July 16, 2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger Scott Hatfield . . . . said...

My hunch is that the 'wife's' comment was also penned by Mr. Kroll. There's the same self-conscious tone, spelling and construction errors, lots of sentences beginning with lower-case 'i'.

July 16, 2008 11:32 PM  
Blogger jeffox said...

I agree with breakerslion above. He's a total psycho, but she did marry him.

But, then again, Scott could be right. Taking that a step further, what if there actually ISN'T a Mrs. Kroll, just the psycho trying to damage control?

And to think. . . . all this over a silly cultic ritual. Is it too much to ask if we're, as a society, still stuck in the 14th century?

Maybe I'm just depressed and tarded-out.

July 17, 2008 6:54 AM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Good bit of skepticism going on here.

Kroll is so articulate and witty - a shining star in the area of avant-garde neanderthal anger poetry - I wonder what gems he will publish next - "your an ugly poop head" or perhaps "I hope you gets hit by a truck" or maybe "I'm gonna hit you so hard your teeth will all break". I cannot wait for his next brilliant literary expression piece.

July 17, 2008 12:20 PM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

"avant-garde neanderthal anger poetry"

lol

July 17, 2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger The Science Pundit said...

"a shining star in the area of avant-garde neanderthal anger poetry"

I know Ms. Janiebelle already lol'd that phrase, but LOL!!

July 17, 2008 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home