FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Tuesday, October 03, 2006

They Cancelled My Soap Opera!

UPDATED: False alarm, false alarm, false alarm. The drivel flows, their toilet bowl runneth over, and MorphoDyke is still the enchantress who can change water into brine. Still, the reruns are best.

Will Wild Bill escape from the clutching witticisms of the conniving belly dancer? Stay tuned!
----
I can’t get Uncommon Descent on any channel.

Now what am I going to do?

I guess it’s just the previous season’s shows and Godzilla/King Kong reruns for me from now on. But yay, it was a guilty pleasure anyway, and we all know what that whole loveable gang (oh don’t ask, I can’t help it, like is strange) from Prude Central thinks of guilty pleasures, don’t we?

Gotta get myself straight. Gotta clean up, quit hangin’ with the creationists. That only leads to heartache (and, at my age, heartburn). Rick, Lou, Corporal Kate, and JanieBelle, as soon as my mid-terms are over (fourth session of class! Friggin’ fourth session! I've barely had time to scribble in my notebook!) I’ll come and play at AtBC, I promise.

(Station Identification: Rev. BigDumbChimp)

3 Comments:

Blogger JanieBelle said...

You know, I've read this post about 20 times.

There's something that's just... well amusing about it that I simply can't get enough of...

Kisses

October 09, 2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Then you'll love this: I kind of went off-topic on Pharyngula about "Caged Heat" ripoffs....

I brought up this whole "Wes Elsberry got us delisted at Google!" melodrama in Library/Info Science class, BTW. The class was laughing at the UD clowns by the time I finished! It really started a good discussion about preservation of information and the public's right to it, web archiving, etc.

October 09, 2006 3:24 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Crap, if I ever get any time I’ll start a publication just like “Soap Opera Digest,” except for UD. Shit. The more I think about it, the more I like it! “DaveScot told MorphoDyke to stop telling him to stop using boldface. MorphyDyke ran to Bill. Website down again. Stay tuned.” Yes!

October 09, 2006 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home