FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Dispensation!

Via Pharyngula: someone has achieved the perfect compromise between a young-earth paradigm and the 4.3 billion-year-old earth reality. Click here to see the new timeline! Let's teach it in the schools!

(Shimmies to PZ and to Adamant)

UPDATED: Meanwhile, back at the PEH ranch, JAD has just had all of his limbs hacked off and continues to insist it's just a flesh wound. (Guys! Arden and Alan! Maybe it's time to let the last "Love It So!" clang in the silence and be done. Do ya think?)

SECOND UPDATE: Creek Running North has a beautiful true timeline of the Grand Canyon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger PiGuy said...

Leonardo da Vinci designs Archaeopteryx

Now that's what I'd call Intelligent Design!

January 01, 2007 7:58 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

My personal favs:
1104 B.C.: Ezekiel see de pterodactyl 'way up in de middle ob de air.

(I always hated that hymn.)

A.D. 1444: Flowering plants appear; War of the Roses commences.

A.D. 1754: Gibbons evolve and write The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

Hahahaha!

A.D. 1846: First ape born to Bishop and Lady Wilburforce.

January 01, 2007 8:17 PM  
Blogger Alan Fox said...

Meanwhile, back at the PEH ranch

Oops, I didn't know anyone was looking. I'm actually hoist on my own petard, if John wants to post there I am bound by my own rules to let him. And, of course, my obsession forces me to respond.

January 02, 2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

And my obsession forces me to watch! ;-)

We'll just have to add on to the timeline.

A.D. 2006: JAD "outlives" evolution and collaborates with Vladimir Nabokov on a book about blue butterflies.

A.D. 2007: Evolution stages a "comeback" when Cro Magnon fathers Britney's third baby. JAD throws her out of the house.

A.D. 2008: JAD and "VMartin" declare their intent to marry. William Dembski born.
(Wait--!)

January 02, 2007 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home