FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Snorkeled for the First Time

Okay, now you all have to do what I say. ;-) (Yes, this means you too, Scotius.)

1. Visit Ecuador - beautiful faces, colonial architecture, narrow alleys, iron balconies, majestic volcanoes.
2. Visit the Galapagos - stark beauty of the volcanic beaches, sea lions who try to steal your shirt, boobies who scope you for a new girlfriend, mockingbirds that live up to their name, frigate birds who poop on your hat with a thunderous plop, finches that fly practically right over your head, iguanas crouching on a rock next to your knee (to look up your shorts, maybe?).
3. Go snorkeling.

Listen, I was the worst swimming student in the world and I´m hooked.

Tomorrow I hope to see sharks! (And I bet some people over at Uncommon Descent wish that I would, too!)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Snorkeling is freaking awesome!

I did this in the caymans years ago and I transmogrified into a fish!

Cool trick: Find an underwater ledge or cave and dive head first and surprise all the fishies hiding under there.

OR

Find a flounder or a skate and play "I see you" until it gives up.

Or

Try picking up a sea urchin with your finger tips without getting impaled.

Tip - don't breath the water!

May 12, 2007 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does muff diving count?

(Ok, you knew I was gonna ask that, right? It was sorta obligatory, sorry.)

May 12, 2007 10:29 PM  
Blogger vjack said...

Sounds fun except for the part about getting your hat crapped on. I've snorkeled a few times in Hawaii and loved it. I hope I get to visit the Galapagos someday.

May 13, 2007 8:14 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

gyYeah, thanks, Barky. I went swimming off the ship, jumped in, thought I was holding my breath, but it was so damned cold I snorted up a whole bunch.

Vjack, actually, it wasn´t my hat! It was some guy´s - it sounded like the bird had dumped a tonload!

JanieBelle! I have missed you! Have you seen Margaret Cho doing her Are you gay? routine with her mom?

May 13, 2007 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in the Virgin Islands several years ago. A friend handed me a snorkle and a diving mask. My remark at the underwater view: "WHOOOO!!! Doggies!!!

About the birds decorating your chapeaus: aincha glad cows don't fly?
Scotius

May 13, 2007 9:14 PM  
Blogger Avidor said...

Is it true that You Tube videos play backwards south of the equator?

Watch a video about Creationism vs Evolution at the MInnesota Legislature.

May 14, 2007 4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen her do that skit. I'll have to look for that on YouTube!

I've missed you, too!

Kisses

May 15, 2007 6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home