FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Eight Facts about Amused Muse

I got tagged by Rev. Chimpy! I love it when he visits.

*We have to post these rules before we give you the facts. So'okay dokey:
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

The Awful Truth, with Vermouth:

1. My legal name isn’t “Kristine.” (But it’s close enough, and I’m too lazy to change it.)

2. I almost got voted “shyest” for my senior high school class, except that people could not remember my name! Quite frankly, I shocked people by how I've turned out. Well, good for me! The minute someone tells me they’ve figured me out, I start planning how to rock that person’s world again. Because I enjoy jostling people who insist upon being rigid. **See below for a case in point.

3. Friend or foe, if someone tells me a secret I will take it to the grave. Though I blat my brains out at this blog about myself I do not gossip with the ladies, and I make myself unavailable for it (which means that they often gossip about me, but I don't give a shit). Besides, I’d rather think about me! ;-) And I think other people would be a lot happier if they thought more about themselves, their lives, and their goals. I'm not doing anything that anyone else can't do.

4. Other languages I have learned, with varying degrees of success: German, French, Spanish, Somali, and Arabic.

5. Growing up, I wanted to be: an astronaut, a geologist, a dancer, an actress, a rock star, a missionary (that was when I was very, very young – actually, what attracted me was the idea of foreign travel!), an astronomer, a writer, a guru, a librarian, a hermit living in a library, a translator, one of the Greek gods, an archaeologist, and President of the United States.

6. I was involved with Wicca for a few years, but was an agnostic about the whole faith thing. Wicca is a lot of fun. The people are very cool. I remember all the stuff I learned. I am not embarrassed about it.

7. I prefered playing with boys to playing with girls, I am more comfortable around men than women, and I’m pretty darn uncomfortable around children – and I don’t like that, but that’s just how it is. And I suck at small talk. I hate empty yammer. I hate most “girlie” things. I hate to shop, unless it’s for books. I hate to talk on the telephone, so I had the same cell phone for five years until I finally got a new one. However, I do enjoy a lot of the things that JanieBelle enjoys. *Wink*

8. If I were God I would mandate one creature, one vote, and that would include plants. Which probably means I would end up being a one-termer, like Jimmy Carter. :-)

**Okay, my taggees are: Dan, Breakerslion, Rev. Barky, JanieBelle, Whore Church, A.J., Scott Hatfield, and... take a guess... guess again... who has been a real pain, with multiple names'n'such... think hard, now... and he's so prolific at commenting, he'd better not break the chain...

Everyone's favorite troll, LEGION! Also known as "Banned in Kansas"/"Grady"/"Ulyanov"/"Christensen"/"J.C."/"Emmanuel Goldstein", etc. YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED! Now put together a blog and tell us 8 things about yourself. Don't be shy. We haven't been. No more hiding behind your multiple monikers! TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF!

(And no, that does not mean come here and comment while hiding behind your many clever disguises.)

Don't break the chain, now, Legion! Bwahahahahahaha!

Labels: , ,

33 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

Ooh! Let's play guess the real name! Is it... Chrysteen?

June 26, 2007 11:39 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Nothing that fascinating. I won't give it if people want to guess, but it's really simple.

Actually my real name is a very nice name. I like it for other women. I just don't like it for me, for some reason. Why? I don't know.

June 26, 2007 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on it, "Not-quite-Kristine", but it won't go up until later.

We're heading to the beach for a while.

Kisss,
JanieBelle

June 26, 2007 12:18 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Kisses, dear.

June 26, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

Is is Nosferatu?

;)

June 26, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

is it that is

June 26, 2007 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You can call me...Tim."

Janine

June 26, 2007 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re:
#1. Krissy!
2. It's the shy ones you have to watch out fpr.
3. Cool. Good to know.
4. You forgot to list "DoubleSpeak, a necessity to deal with IDers and Dr. Dembski in particular.
5. Please add: "Future Mrs. Dawkins" to your list.
6. Reminds me of a girl I knew named Liz, but that's all you'll get out of me (see #3)
7. I like playing with girls too.
I know lots of good games.
8. Better a one-termer like Jimmy Carter, than a one-termer like Geo Bush.

re: Your Tags: Are you sure you want to look into the Abysss of a Confimed Creo Knucklehead? What if the Abysss looks back?

June 26, 2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger Scott Hatfield . . . . said...

Hey, dream girl. OK, I'll play 'tag'. Might take me a day or two, then I'll get back to you!

SH

June 26, 2007 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it's Melville via Khan? Geez, I guess I really gotta play, don't I?

Liked yours. And seriously, at around age five, I I distantly recall only liking playing with girls... Sorta moved on from that, later, a bit, I guess, and became appropriately tongue-tied around young women in adolescence, as is the standard requirement.

Guess I could have saved that one for the post, mind you.

Anyway. Should get to it in a bit.

June 26, 2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

My guess is Kristin.

June 26, 2007 2:10 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Is is Nosferatu?

How about Nosferata? ;-)

Hi, TimJanine. :-P

Dammit, I forgot that I spilled teh beans to J-Dog that the kids used to call me "Krissy-pissy!" Doug called it. Kristin it is.

I like that name, just not for me.

"Dream girl"? Gee... Now I'm feeling all shy... And would you guys quit teasing me about Dawkins, for pity sakes! My boyfriend is going to get mad!

And so will my husband! No, just kidding. ;-)

Yes, I admit that I've learned doublespeak. Some IDers have accused me of speaking it. (No, it's called sarcasm, VMartin!)

What if the Abysss looks back?

Since he hasn't stopped it he's probably gone blind by now.

June 26, 2007 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry Kristine, Sorry John, I was really only kidding.

June 26, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh, no harm done. :-D I'm just being silly, as you are.

Anyway, the present Mrs. Dawkins is a martini, which I'm not, but thank goodness John prefers milkshakes. (Remember, my self-lament is, Always a milkshake, never a martini!)

At least I'm a spiked milkshake. ;-)

June 26, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I did want to be the future Mrs. Carl Sagan, though.

June 26, 2007 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a Christie - not a Kristin

June 26, 2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I don't have eight personal blogs that I comment on often enough to tag anyone with this, but I'll do it myself. Jack will probably tell you that when I meme, I don't fuck around.

And I think your legal name is Kristina.

June 26, 2007 10:59 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

It's Kristin - really!

I could give you some blogs to tag.

June 26, 2007 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done.

Thanks, Kristin(e), it was actually fun and kind of thought provoking.

Kisses

June 27, 2007 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine too.

June 27, 2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Very nice, you two.

*Checks watch* You're running out of time, Legion!

June 27, 2007 2:35 PM  
Blogger Kevin Scott said...

"Kristin" - gee, that means Christian. Hypocrite. How dare you call yourself an atheist when it is obvious you go by the name "Christian"?

WWDD - What Would Dawkins Do?

June 27, 2007 4:37 PM  
Blogger Kevin Scott said...

Oh yeah, finished my 8 too.

June 27, 2007 4:39 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

"Kristin" - gee, that means Christian. Hypocrite. How dare you call yourself an atheist when it is obvious you go by the name "Christian"?

Oh yeah, people, I knew I was going to get it from Kevin! Hee hee.

WWDD - What Would Dawkins Do?

You kill me sometimes! ;-) Whoops.

I love digging into the minds of serial killers, as long as I can do it from a distance.

Me too!

June 27, 2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger breakerslion said...

Ok, I'll play. I might have a bit of trouble tagging eight people. Beast just tagged the entire Athiesthaven with something, maybe this same one. I will read his next. Nothing wrong with Kristen BTW, much better than Kirsty, Krusty, or Krispy Kreeme.

June 27, 2007 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOO!!! I'm surely glad I don't keep a blog, 'cause hanged if I wanna get tagged. I can be a real blabberfingers, volunteering info about myself in the hope of being amusing, but when folks start axing questions, I clam up.
Scotius

June 27, 2007 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, right?, that JanieBelle is fictional...doesn't that sort of cross-gender cross-generational cross-sexual preference sockpuppetry creep you out at all?
Does me.

June 28, 2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Yes, dear, I know that JanieBelle is fictional. No, it doesn't creep me out. Hell, I think some people out there still think I'm really a man!

Actually, I love being creeped anyway. And I love to creep people out myself. So beware.

but when folks start axing questions, I clam up.

Scotius, what are you wearing? (There, creeped out now, CCP?) ;-)

June 28, 2007 4:53 PM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

I love making obtuse cracks at people to see if they get it or try to figure it out - which is great when they make no sense to begin with.

June 28, 2007 9:03 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

You mean, like the pizza? ;-)

I wanna see you in that pink shirt, Barky.

Oh, and don't forget to write your post.

June 28, 2007 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What are you wearing?"
I am sufficiently covered so as to avoid being arrested for indecent exposure.
Scotius

June 29, 2007 6:46 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Awww, damn! ;-)

June 29, 2007 9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Breaker's Lion! Haven't seen you in a dog's age! kisses and misses!


CCP,

thbbbbbbbbbbb

weirdo.

No kisses for you.

June 30, 2007 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home