FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Saturday, March 08, 2008

Expelled Exposed

Welcome to the blogroll: Expelled Exposed, a response to the "documentary," now tentatively scheduled to come out on April 11 -- nine days after the anniversary of another anti-evolutionist's prediction.

To William Dembski, all the debate in this country over evolution won't matter in a decade.

By then, he says, the theory of evolution put forth by Charles Darwin 150 years ago will be dead.

The mathematician turned Darwin critic says there is much to be learned about how life evolved on this planet. And he thinks the model of evolution accepted by the scientific community won't be able to supply the answers.

"I see this all disintegrating very quickly," he said.

This appeared in a Kentucky newspaper on April 2, 2006, one day after National Atheist Day. *Snigger* (Not gullible, are you?)

UPDATED: I needed a laugh. Thank you, Leonard Pierce:

(For pure delusional self-pity, it's hard to beat the Expelled movie blog; their latest entry claims that, since those meddlesome Washington bureaucrats combined Lincoln and Washington's birthdays into President's Day, "Darwin Day has now supplanted Lincoln's birthday in the public imagination"! Yes, who can forget those long Darwin Day weekends, when the family gathers around a copy of Origin of Species and makes a little wooden model of the Galapagos Islands before setting out for a big trip to the mall for one of the many Darwin Day sales?)

Me, I always got a new dress for Darwin Day, and enjoyed the hunt for new mutated eggs!

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Amused Muse, this is not on topic. Your latest blog is appearing in my Google Reader but not coming up when I click on it.

March 10, 2008 5:09 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Probably because I can't get through to Mojoey's "ping" form. I'll try again.

March 10, 2008 9:33 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Okay acleron, is it working now? Or am I still "expelled"?

March 10, 2008 4:38 PM  
Blogger Scott Hatfield . . . . said...

Here's an interesting bit. I tried to leave a comment on the new thread quoting from the president of Minnesota Atheists, and blogger told me, 'sorry, but we can't accept this request.'

Whereas I can get in here, an older post. Go figure!

March 10, 2008 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi kristine, I'm afraid your two most recent blogs are still being blocked.

March 11, 2008 6:44 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I took that down, Scott, for overnight – I’m losing sleep over this. He also refers to “bad apples” and I think that both Rev. Barky and I are these. I will bring that post up later because I value your opinion.

Sorry, Acleron, I don’t know what the problem is.

March 11, 2008 8:58 AM  
Blogger Scott Hatfield . . . . said...

Bad apples? Nah. Being assertive and thinking critically doesn't make you unpleasant or someone to avoid. I find your blog delightful and your perspective refreshing. I can sort of understand why some of my fellow Christians fail to tolerate your views, as they've been conditioned to fall in line with a hierarchy, but they bore me, frankly. It's a little more puzzling, but also quite a bit more entertaining, to watch people who identify themselves as non-believers get their panties in a bunch in terms of strategy.

March 12, 2008 12:45 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Well, to be fair, I don't know specifically who he means by "bad apples."

The whole point is, you respond to me the way that you respond - I don't control that by how I act. I cannot make people like me by acting this or that way, and I never made you do so. No one has that kind of control over other people's thought and/or feelings.

And I think that presenting a certain front so that little Bible College students that someone speaks to a lot will "accept" us is presumptuous. It sounds like thought-control to me, and in my opinion, that insults whatever Christian/other religious audience we have.

My being an atheist is not as important to me as religious believers having their faith. My being an atheist is just as fact. Aside from that, there are more important things about me that I can't not express. People are going to react to that according to how they are. If they don't "accept" me or us, then that's their right!

March 12, 2008 1:03 PM  
Blogger J-Dog said...

Kristine - You should post about, or link to Nomad's review. Even if he reviewed more about the experience, than the movie, I think it was still an interesting look at the Expelled experience.

J-Dog

March 19, 2008 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home