FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So Why Hasn’t Rupert Sheldrake Called Me?

After all, I was just thinking about him!

The itinerate tinkerer in morphic fields and metaphysics now claims that he can demonstrate “telephone telepathy,” in which people “predict” that they’re going to be contacted by someone that they’ve just been thinking about.

Great! I don’t have to screen my calls anymore. But what the hell is up with these telephone surveys? I only think about them after they call and annoy me. (I’m happy to give my opinion, but it seems that they only want to hear from people who have HBO/a car/a dog/three televisions in every room.)

Okay. According to Sheldrake this applies to e-mail, too, so I’m conjuring him up…I’m conjuring him up… Please send me an e-mail! No, not you, Sheldrake. Someone else. Someone very special.

I’m waiting.
...........
UPDATED: Oh, William Shatner, you are so busted! Don't e-mail me, then. See if I care.
Sheldrake, your psychic tele-phoney doesn't work.

4 Comments:

Blogger PiGuy said...

Are you about to call me, Kristine? I just had this feeling...

*cough cough* (bullshit) *cough cough*

September 07, 2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I was about to reply to your comment.

Hey! Maybe this whole psychic phone thing is true after all!

Or else, maybe... nahhhh!

September 07, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger PiGuy said...

I totally missed that Bill Shatner thing last time! You wacky Trekky, you!

September 07, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Guilty! Get the cuffs, blow a kiss to the memory of DeForest Kelley (the one I really had a crush on) and set phasers for stun.

I remember seeing a Halloween show with ol' Bill as the host, trying to invoke the spirit of Harry Houdini, who of course famously claimed that he would come back. Shatner was so corpulent, he had to wear a robe and as he waddled about on stage he kept tucking the slipping robe back into its sash. Houdini stayed away.

September 07, 2006 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home