FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Thursday, November 09, 2006

Girl Can't Hack It

(That is, unless it’s Bill Dembski’s blog.)

But I’m afraid that Morphodyke, as we call her, has just signed a season contract at Days of Uncommon Descent (with star DaveScot recently making a guest appearance on this blog channel in his very own one-man show called All My Tardity), for she’s getting her own spin-off. No, not Post-Darwinist, that was her first yucky blog. (I stumbled upon that cowpie sometime in early July of this year, and when I saw that this same woman was joining the cast at Uncommon Descent, I just about died.) Now, Denyse O’Leary started a new blog, or web log rather (poo comes in all shapes), called—wait for it—Mindful Hack.

No, I’m not kidding. Mindful Hack.

Rhymes with, "Gack!"

Want five seconds of life back.

(No linky. Find it yourself. Just Google “Female Borat impersonator.”)

Oh, and DAJ is k-c-a-b! UDoodle has posted his papers. Gee, and here I was, reading JASIST and writing a grad paper about the reading habits of astronomers and the voluntary termination of research by arts administrators. Do I feel like a fool.

8 Comments:

Blogger JanieBelle said...

You know it's funny that we've dropped MorphoDyke a few comments on the other blog, but interestingly enough, they never showed up!

And then I started poking around a little...

Not one comment.

Funny that. What exactly is the point of a blog, if you don't allow comments? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?

Oh, right. Forgot that whole "Someone might post something which will almost definitely show what an asshat I am" disease with which Uncommonly Dopey people seem to be afflicted.

Let's fight for a cure!

November 09, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Let’s fight for a cure!

And for a pedicure!

November 09, 2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

Hurray for pedicures!

November 09, 2006 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curse you, the lot of you! This is all too damned funny. And I'm supposed to be working.

'Sides, it's so perverse. A whole universe of beauty, pulsars winking in millisecond intervals where once were the hearts of mighty stars, life in all its glorious variety and intricate beauty, an ancient and living stream of DNA flowing for billions of years, blossoming in its stubborn way into bizarre and beautiful marvels, and I'm still sitting here laughing at a buncha god-infected computer-illiterate schmucks looking for their magical bearded patriarch in select assemblies of polypeptides, still amusing myself watching them clogging Google's databases with their various incompetencies, neuroses, and psychoses... What the hell is wrong with me?

Well, no more. That's it! I'm quitting! Off to work... There's more to life than this freakshow of the stubbornly deluded!

Erm... okay. Maybe one more visit to Janie's place to go through the Haggart stuff...

Just a quick one. But *then*, that's it!

November 10, 2006 8:29 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

And I'm supposed to be working.

AJ, just as selfish replicating genes compete to broadcast themselves, sometimes to the detriment of the individual organism in which they reside, so selfish, conniving, belly-dancer blogs compete with your work schedule (and mine), sometimes to the ruin of our funnybones. I’m supposed to be reading The Future of Cataloging, oh joy, instead of The Extended Phenotype (an authoritative work that is an intellectual pleasure to read) and watching Uncommonly Dense (which is a scream, somewhat in the vein of Plan Nine from Outer Space).

a buncha god-infected computer-illiterate schmucks looking for their magical bearded patriarch in select assemblies of polypeptides, still amusing myself watching them clogging Google's databases with their various incompetencies, neuroses, and psychoses

As some ass-wipe-paper-writer ;-) would say, “It’s hard to believe, isn’t it?” I mean, I’m a friggin’ secretary with a humanities undergrad degree.

Yeah, the gutter-crawling is getting to me, too. This used to be the Dawkins’ Rottweiler (c’est moi!) blog, and now it’s turning into William Dembski & Tards’ Incredible Amazing Flying Circus On Flypaper.

It’s for sure that I’m 1000% more intelligent than these dopes. How do they rate all this $$? (Well, being financed by the Christian Dominionist cabal doesn’t hurt, I guess.)

November 10, 2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

You guys crack me up.

I'm actually supposed to be doing something constructive as well. I've been meaning to write a little something about my recent adventures with Kate... 'cept she won't let me out of bed long enough to do it!

Oh darn.

;)

November 10, 2006 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...instead of The Extended Phenotype (an authoritative work that is an intellectual pleasure to read).

... well, at least that's got some beauty to it.

Quite like Dawkins, too. I'm a bit behind now, on his stuff, now--haven't quite caught up to the Devil's Chaplain or to The God Delusion (do have a copy of The Ancestor's Tale, and am now something like halfway through), but prior to that had read everything of his that made it to a popular press. Even did the required natural selection simulation after reading Watchmaker (here, in case anyone's curious). And went to see him speaking at the Smithsonian, some years ago.

Anyway. Like I said. Back to work.

Trainwrecks. They're just too bloody entertaining. What can ya do.

November 10, 2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh, he posted an applet that requires an ActiveX that I don't have. I'm at work. Yeah, get back to work, Kristine, and quit surfing the web about cool sci stuff and blogging about polypepTards! ;-)

November 10, 2006 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home