FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Sometimes You Win

I'm going to be very busy on Wednesday, with work, then class, and my big ole presentation on the Google Book Search Project. (Davey, before you crack those librarian jokes, you should know that I lean toward the Information Science side of Library and Information Science.) I won't have much time for our fun commenting, but I just want to say...

...A (DEMOCRATIC) WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE HOUSE!!!

Party on now, because hard work later, but we have subpoena power now and that's what I friggin' wanted.

And one of my classmates on my presentation team is from Pennsylvania, and let me tell you, he's even more excited about Santorum going down than I am.

One, two, three: EVERYBODY SHIMMY!!!

UPDATED: More reasons to shake it.

SECOND UPDATE: Keith Ellison is elected to the House of Representatives, where he will be a voice of sanity on Iraq and other issues. (Shimmies, JanieBelle)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wo0t! I repeat, Wo0t!!

November 07, 2006 11:42 PM  
Blogger PiGuy said...

I'm shimmyin' but I don't think that you really want to see that...

November 08, 2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Yes I do! Shake it, PiGuy!

November 08, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

woo hoo, woo hoo, woo hoo!

November 08, 2006 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodbye, Donald Rumsfeld, we DID know ye, and good riddance.

November 08, 2006 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can’t call for my resignation, I resign!

November 08, 2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

Shimmy, shimmy ko ko bop.
Shimmy, shimmy bop.

November 08, 2006 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the Senate. Bwahaha.

November 08, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

Kate and I are doing our Naked Happy Dance!

November 08, 2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray for naked happy dance!

November 09, 2006 12:48 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

Oh, Kristine! You have been remiss, sweetie!

You forgot to re-mention Keith Ellison!

"Ellison won 56 percent of the vote, defeating Republican Alan Fine and the Independence Party's Tammy Lee, both of whom garnered 21 percent of the vote. A Green Party candidate received 2 percent.

With 99 percent of the precincts reporting, Ellison received 135,519 votes, Fine 51,896, and Lee, 51,250.

Ellison is also the first African-American from Minnesota to be elected to the U.S. House. He ran on the Democratic-Farmer-Labor ticket in a district that is heavily liberal."


Congrats again, Mr. Ellison!

November 09, 2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

Dan said,

"Hooray for naked happy dance!"

Well, that's not EXACTLY what the cops said when they showed up at our front lawn...

November 09, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger PiGuy said...

OK, OK. I'm shimmying.

This is why I play the music. At least my girls can dance. They were lucky not to have inherited the dances-like-a-slug gene from their Dad!

November 09, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Thank you JanieBelle. I know that I should have said something about Keith, but I had this presentation to give and then I went out drinking afterward. ;-)

I wasn’t sweating this one, because the 5th District is pretty damn libberuhl (and Alan Fine decided to drive his snowmobile into the drink), but yes, time to celebrate the election of Keith! Yay! I know him, and he’ll do just fine.

Hey, Dan, good to hear from you again after your transformation. Cthulhu will be back… (Naked Cthulhu dance?)

November 09, 2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home