FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Sunday, November 19, 2006

If I Watched It...

...there would be no way I could wash the stain off my brain.

I'm speaking of course of the "I Only Want to Sell You" sequel piece o' crap (If I Did It) by Mr. O.J. I'm-Looking-for-the-Real-Killers-with-Every-Babe-I-Boff Simpson, in which he details how he would have killed his ex-wife and Ron Goldman if, of course, he did it, which he claims, of course, that he didn't.

I'm a true crime buff but my sympathy is never with the killers. Of course, Mr. Simpson was acquitted so I don't know if I can call him a murderer (although I have my opinion about that) but he has never acted as though he were a grieving ex-husband and this is hardly the way to (belatedly) start.

This is just about the sickest programming decision ever made. Can we say: MAD ABOUT THE BOYCOTT? Boycott the show, boycott the book, and boycott FOX.

And here's a brilliant take on the whole situation!

(Shimmies to Citizen of the Month)

UPDATED: Hey! Good job, everyone! The book and the cowpie television show have been cancelled!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OJ was found guilty in civil court - so yes, he's guilty.

This whole mess has shoved a big wedge deep into our society and has generated extreme resentment among non-blacks.

November 20, 2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Yes, I’m concerned about that. I never thought that the O.J. Simpson trial was anything to get into a personal fight with someone over but it did expose a big chasm in the experiences of Americans. And I was taking a stand on O.J.’s guilt against people who were raising philosophical and historic issues that I had no quarrel with them over. It was very frustrating.

Certainly it’s unrealistic to expect African-Americans to suddenly trust the legal system but this was not the case to raise a placard about. Power is a slippery thing and it’s situational.

November 20, 2006 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the musical was pretty good.

November 21, 2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Well, the musical was pretty good

Holy shit, AJ, that's so sick and funny and sad at the same time! I love McSweeney's. Is that the current issue?

Of course, the project has (mercifully) been yanked, so what do you want to bet that OJ will now write a book entitled So What If I Didn't Do It ?

November 21, 2006 11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the current issue?

It was on top of the 'Internet Tendency' yesterday. I don't think that stuff goes in the quarterly, tho'. I don't regularly read the quarterly.

I love the site, tho'. I presume you've read 'dispatches from a librarian'?

November 22, 2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I presume you've read 'dispatches from a librarian'?

No. Actually, I don't regularly read McSweeney's. [Hangs head in shame]

November 22, 2006 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home