FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Saturday, November 18, 2006

Other Exciting Developments

Happy Library of Congress morning, everyone. (No, it just means I have class. Don't worry--there's still mail pickup.)

I just thought of Dan's profile statement ("Can't go to sleep. Clown will eat me. Can't go to sleep. Clown will eat me. Can't go to sleep. Clown will eat me.") and though it made me laugh before suddenly it had me guffawing this morning. I've probably had about 2 hours of sleep but I'm not tired.

My Dewey Decimal homework had better be correct because I'm not checking out all 4 volumes again before class to double-check it. But enough, because there were other exciting developments chez moi.

Such as my older cat barfing at midnight (well, that's not particularly news) into his own bowl (because I was aiming his head toward it. Because I have just about had it.). I left it (the barf not the head!) there. Because I have just about had it.

Then this prolific cat barfing on the bedroom floor when we're trying to sleep (he's a two-timer). Thanks, cat.

(My sister's cat barfed on my French book and was known pre-Katrina as Hurricane Marvin.)

Usually if the cat yakks on a non-emergency surface (unlike the bedroom floor) I just leave it there and it, um, disappears. (Aren't you glad I'm sharing this with you?)

Just another part of my exciting, glamorous life as Scheherazade of the blog world.

UPDATED: Yeah the digestive tracts of aging male cats are so well designed. Zing!

11 Comments:

Blogger JanieBelle said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had Shakespeare out this morning about 5 times. When I ignored him the 6th time (because he hadn't done anything the first five) he took a huge crap on the living room floor.

Good thing I like him.

:(

(In his defense, it's been quite a while since he's done that, he's pretty much house broken now.)

On the bright side, he sits, stays, comes, lies down, and even pees on command now. Fetch, he's only good at in the hallway. Outside, not so much.

November 18, 2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Poor little doggie. I too ignored a cry-litter-box-constantly cat (we close off the steps during the cold months) and got a present.

This is a little obvious, but some wisdom from the Bard:

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!"

The cat will mew, and dog will have his day.

The attempt and not the deed confounds us.

(Topcat has a windup that is almost worst than the pitch.)

Or how about:

The object of art is to give life a shape.

November 18, 2006 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have one like that. My daughter made this movie about him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK_BSsQMKhU

November 18, 2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

My daughter made this movie...

"Captain Throwup, away!" BLORCH!

Yay!

But what danger to the city do my hardwood floors pose, I ask you?
:-)

November 19, 2006 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a suggestion that may come to nothing, but you might want to take fish out of the cat's diet. We had a cat that threw up alot and it ended up being diagnosed as a food allergy. As soon as we only fed her food without any fish or fish meal in it, the problem went away. The only commercial (read: not expensive) dry food we found without fish in it was Purina One Sensitive System.

November 19, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Thanks, Anonymous, but I feed them only Iams (dry) as it is! That's all they've ever had (except for the early life of clownette, Twyla, who is a foundling).

My sister suggested that I try wet food for Topcat the prolific puke clown, so I gave him some Science Diet donated by sis. Science Diet is safe, right?

Well, up it came!

At this point, I can only consider it an untapped form of incredible power (that, and the sneezes that I've been honking lately). I am sure that it could keep the lights on at my house if properly channeled!

At least if there's a natural disaster I have enough Science Diet to keep John and I alive for three days!

November 19, 2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh. He's tossed Purina, too.

He also chews the limbs of the fake Christmas tree (yes we have one) and turns into Santa's little heaver. And if my mother gives us anything with Easter grass...

And no twisties, anytime. And how he likes to play with them!

Gaaaa! I am out of ideas.

November 19, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

"Let them eat cake." ?

Sorry, that's all I got. Creativity drained, clown will eat me.

November 19, 2006 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be overbearing about the point, but my cat didn't develop her fish allergy until later in life. Previously, she had eaten fish based food, including straight tuna, without problem. So, it may be helpful to watch the foods ingredients. It may not even be fish in your case. But look for a common denominator.

We had taken our cat to a vet that specializes in allergies and he said that animals will not have allergies to something they had not been exposed to before, so to clear things up at first we had to put ours on prescription venison and green pea food. We then figured out what was the issue by introducing normal foods back into her diet and watching her reactions until we could figure it out. With a little effort at ingredient reading, the technique can be mimicked without resorting to expensive prescription foods like we had to.

November 19, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

My cat barfed all the time and she had Hyerthyroidism. She died a few months ago at 19 1/2, her sister died a month later of grief.

Now I just pick up ferret poop.

November 19, 2006 11:31 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

clown will eat me.

Let clowns eat cake! ;-)

But look for a common denominator.

Ah! Good point. Thank you.

He's had Iams all his life so I wonder if a late-developed allergy could be the answer. It's time for his vet visit anyway (which is sure to make him barf, ugh).

Sorry for your loss, Rev. Barking Nonseq.

Ferret poop?

November 19, 2006 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home