FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Thursday, November 16, 2006

Library of Crygress

I just had to share this.

There I am at lunch, doing my fucking homework after all of this (still pretty wigged about someone refusing to believe I’m not single, wha—? Why would I be single at 41? Okay, enough). There I am, trying to construct LC classification numbers for books. Ugh. Then I take the self-test in the student guide and come across this question:

When you see the symbol .x you should:
a) replace the .x with the number you found in the Regions and Countries table
b) use .x as part of the class number
c) burst into tears

Well, of course the answer is a), but I nearly chose c)! (And I believe some of my colleagues would also choose c), albeit for different reasons.) But then I check my answers, and the key says:

a, but c may also apply

I’m not making this up! My professor is insane! (She really does make a very dry subject almost fun.) Hell, I needed that.

UPDATED: Hey, the video equipment that I just wired together in an attempt to bridge numerous technological eras is actually communicating. Hot damn!
I have just been informed that, among the many horrible fates that befall docent badges, one went down the garbage disposal. She rescued it. You should see it. *Snigger*
The day is looking up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite question from a test I gave in my introductory music class:

Why did Martin Luther nail his 95 Theses to the door of the Schlosskirche at Wittenberg in 1517?

A) To advertise Papal indulgences for sale.
B) To reform the Latin Mass.
C) To keep people from going in through that door.
D) To challenge corrupt church leaders to a theological debate.

November 16, 2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

That's good! I wish it had been c.

November 16, 2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home