FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Friday, December 08, 2006

Sponsored Children in Philippines Affected by Typhoon

If anyone has any sponsor children through Children International in the high risk area of the Philippines, here is what I know so far:

Records are (of course) spotty, but the organization will contact sponsors by phone as soon as it learns anything about the child's fate. In the meantime, you can read about the disaster here and contribute to the relief fund.
---
I want to keep this information at the top of my blog, so I’ll add a post underneath:

In Memoriam: Jeane Kirkpatrick

A strong woman and self-proclaimed “lifelong Democrat” despite joining the GOP, the first female ambassador to the UN, a woman who didn’t mince words, who wasn’t afraid to be opinionated, with whom I had profound disagreements on some things (while agreeing with her on others), but whose principles and example I respect. I shall miss her.

12 Comments:

Blogger JanieBelle said...

Any word on yours yet?

December 11, 2006 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 11, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

No, no news on her yet.

Hey, Darwinian Atheist (a.k.a., fundie troll):

As you state so succinctly, "The fit [comments] survive, the weak [comments] perish."

So quit whining in my comments, because you're dead!

Wassamatter, do I make you fundies look bad or something?

December 11, 2006 11:44 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

It takes a special kind of scumbag to troll a thread like this with a comment like that.

Kudos Kristine. Kudos and Kisses.

December 11, 2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Kisses right back.

I know who the scumbag is. I'm happy to say that at least it's no one from UD.

Yeah, that comment was just out of line. Next time I'll really give it something to whine about.

December 11, 2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger Aeolus said...

Ding dong the witch is dead! No doubt Jeane Kirkpatrick is sharing a drink right now with her "authoritarian" friend Augusto Pinochet.

December 13, 2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Yeah, Pinochet got away with it.

That's a shameful part of our history.

December 13, 2006 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fit survive, the weak perish.

Get over it.

December 13, 2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Good idea.

I'll start with you and your weak waste of my time.

Legion/Banned/Darwinist/Evolutionist/Gateway.mcpl.lib.mo.us, bang! You're dead.

That means you can't post here anymore. Get lost.

December 13, 2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Uh...jeez kristine, the hell did you contract this human skin rash?

You can scratch and scratch but he will never go away - who need it?

I'd Cortizone 10 this guy out of your blog.

December 16, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger Rev. Barky said...

Uh...jeez kristine, the hell did you contract this human skin rash?

You can scratch and scratch but he will never go away - who need it?

I'd Cortizone 10 this guy out of your blog.

December 16, 2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

The rash is gone.

I've been checking my stats. I know where it logs on. I recommend a blog-o-meter.

That's a good little troll! Stay away and bother someone else's blog from your library computer in Independence, Missouri.

December 17, 2006 12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home