FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Thursday, December 07, 2006

Remember the Tripoli Six

UPDATED: A Libyan court has sentenced the Tripoli Six to death.

From my previous post: Here is a template for writing the Libyan government urging them to free the Tripoli Six.

They still need our help!

I am almost driven to despair thinking about what is happening and could happen to them, but it’s not fair to them to give up hope. So I’m asking everyone to take a minute and write a letter. Keep it deferential and respectful. I wrote mine out longhand.

Science confirms the innocence of the Tripoli Six (via Pharyngula, Effect Measure, and The Indigestible).

I am asking everyone--everyone--who visits this blog, whether you like me or not, to take the time to send a few letters. It is just astounding that anyone would accuse these people of malice when all they wanted to do was help ailing children in a developing country. If physicians and nurses get scared off from aid work, how will that benefit Libyan children?

I am also waiting to hear for sure that one of my sponsor children, who lives in the Phillipines, escaped the mudslides.

Take a moment to click on the link at the posting below and meditate on the photo of that Pale Blue Dot. Can we all agree that we care about the world's children, at least?
---
UPDATED: The Senate has finally passed a compromise version of the contentious Combatting Autism Act.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

Well, what good would that do, considering they're in Libya, Doofus? (Different continent, in case you can't read maps. Kuwait is where a lot of our military personnel are already stationed for the war in Iraq. Duh.)

Could you write a damned letter, Banned? How about it? Put your money where your mouth is for a change.

This is a responsible post. This is a sincere plea. I'd do the same for you, even though you'd never do it for me, jerk!

December 11, 2006 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will write a letter!

But I think we should invade Libya!

December 11, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Well, thank you very much.

But I think we should invade Libya!

Fine. You do that.

I'll wait here for you.

Just don't parachute into Papua New Guinea, okay?

December 11, 2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger JanieBelle said...

"I'll wait here for you. "

Me too. Lemme know how that all works out.

December 11, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Hey, just noticed the name change.

Or are you trying to be two different people, Banned?

I guess you're both using the same IP, eh?

Dolt. Please write a coherent letter. And don't phone me from Turkey needing me to wire you money. 'Cause if I'm going to send money to Turkey, it's gonna be for me to visit a 4-star hotel and dance with tha sistahs!

December 11, 2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

That's what gets me about allegedly theist, lonely basement trolls.

After telling me that I shouldn't tell them what to do, they come back for more!

BWAHAHAHAHAH!

Now go fight the war. Kissies for you if you do. Which you won't. Because you can't. Because your mom doesn't let you out of the basement. (What are you and she doing down there all the time?)

December 12, 2006 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home