FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com

Amused Muse

Inspiring dissent and debate and the love of dissonance

My Photo
Name:
Location: Surreality, Have Fun Will Travel, Past Midnight before a Workday

Master's Degree holder, telecommuting from the hot tub, proud Darwinian Dawkobot, and pirate librarian belly-dancer bohemian secret agent scribe on a mission to rescue bloggers from the wholesome clutches of the pious backstabbing girl fridays of the world.



Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Visit Alan's Blog

Over at Alan Fox's blog we're discussing "Intelligent Design: an Alternative to Science or Atheism?"

We're also buzzing John A. Davison as well.

UPDATED: Comment moderation is off. (That's a good little troll.) John Davison called me a "creep." Huh? Moi? I think that was out of line (and so is his blatting about being banned and his PEH disappearing) but I have to admit he's a total stitch. I'm not kidding when I say I love him to pieces. Besides, his "Isle of Lesbos" rant gave me an idea.

(He wants to know what my "credentials" are? Who does he think is going to catalog, shelve, and preserve his PEH when he's gone? Which BTW John, I hope is a long way off. I mean, who do you think is going to give a tuppeny damn about all this intelligent design ballyhoo when the idea gasps its last? I have a weird feeling that I might be one of the few librarians who'll give take up the geeky mantle of preserving intelligent design's slide into Götterdämmerung (thanks, Dan!) when this is all over. Ironic, isn't it? Kind of like a hobby.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Corporal Kate said...

Ack! You went Beta!

Beta is blocking all us old blogspot bloggers from commenting on the Beta blogs. Bastards.

'sok, though, I can borrow Kate's account. I just have to pay her later in favors. Not a bad deal.

Alan's blog is a barrel of laughs.

On another note, this is why I've not been around much. I've had several irons in the fire lately and this one was the biggest. Being a library chicky I thought you'd be interested.

Kisses from bo'fus.

December 14, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Ack! You went Beta!

Yes, I finally did. I got tired of the sleeve-tugging reminders. Sorry. Beta ain't any better than--what? Alpha? (Omega!) Beta sucks just the same.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out because JAD just isn't his old self (old elf?). Geez, and I was going to print buttons and everything! Geezer.

I might give him a forum here--I need to think about it...

December 14, 2006 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, it's spelled "Götterdämmerung".

Opera nerd am I.

December 14, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Hey, Dan! Sorry to hear about your house.

How do you get the umlauts without having to type the word in Word first?

Okay...I got it...Götter-dämm-er-ung. Got it. Spell checking is appreciated (lit-nerd that I am)!

We just went through all our videos and I found the "Ring" series that John taped from PBS. There's a really funny story surrounding that...I'll have to tell it sometime.

December 14, 2006 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, there's no "sorry" about my house. Just a minor scare with the cat. Other than that, it's great.

December 15, 2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh, good. Yay!

December 15, 2006 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home